Tuesday, May 3, 2011

David and Goliath

Well for all of  those out there that don't know me only as Elder Maloney my name is David, because of my name my favorite story of all time from the Bible is David and Goliath. When I was little I liked this story mostly because it had my name in it. Sense I have been on my mission I reread this story and I found I like it even more then I use too. I have found more then just a person against something impossible and then he succeeds. What I found was a boy with more then courage or faith behind him. David just like Nephi and even Abraham knew that god would provide a way because of that he was able to say this to Goliath (1Samuel 17:45-46)
Then said David to the Philistine, Thou comest to me with a sword, and with a spear, and with a shield: but I come to thee in the name of the Lord of hosts, the God of the armies of Israel, whom thou hast defied. This day will the Lord deliver thee into mine hand; and I will smite thee, and take thine head from thee; and I will give the carcases of the host of the Philistines this day unto the fowls of the air, and to the wild beasts of the earth; that all the earth may know that there is a God in Israel. 
I know that we all have Goliaths in our lives and I hope we can be like David and know that god is behind us and be able to face them head on. I know that we can do a lot more then we think we can because we all are a lot stronger then we know. I know our daily Goliaths may be big but when we concord them we can look back see how much closer they have brought us to Christ. I leave this with you in the name of Jesus Christ amen.






No comments:

Post a Comment