Wednesday, February 23, 2011

The Fellowship of The Unashamed

  Well, hello I'm Elder Maloney and this is my first blog post.  I hope that as time progresses my blog posts will become better and become a regular thing you will read. Today i want to share a quote with you that is very close to my heart. I will tell you why it is so personal to me after i share the quote.

The Fellowship of the Unashamed it was written by Henry B. Eyring

"I am part of the fellowship of the unashamed. The dye has been cast! I have stepped over the line. The decision has been made; I am a disciple of Jesus Christ. I won't look back, let up, slow down, or be still. My past is redeemed, my present makes sense, and my future is secure. I'm finished and done with low living, small planning, smooth knees, colorless dreams, tainted visions, worldly talking, cheap giving, and dwarfed goals. I no longer need pre-eminence, positions, promotions, plaudits or popularity. I now live by faith, lean on His
presence, walk with patience, am uplifted by prayer, and labor with power. My face is set, my gait is fast, and my goal is Heaven. My road is narrow, my way is rough, my companions are few, my guide is reliable, my mission is clear! I cannot be bought, compromised, detoured, lured away, divided or delayed. I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice, hesitate in the presence of the adversary, negotiate at the table of the enemy, ponder at the pool of popularity, or meander in the maze of mediocrity. I won't give up, shut up, or let up, until I have stayed up stored up, and paid up of the cause of Christ. I must go till He comes, give till I drop, preach till I know, and work till He stops me. And when He returns for His own, He will have no problem recognizing me. My banner will be clear."

Well the reason it is so close to my heart is because when I became a missionary I felt like I had stepped over the line when I became a missionary. Everyone knew where I stood when I became a missionary. I no longer hid from the world who I am and what I believe in. I am David Maloney. I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I know we have a Heavenly father. I know Jesus Christ died for all men that we may return to the kingdom of his (our) father on conditions of repentance. I know that him and his father appeared to a young man named Joseph Smith. When he had the question of which church to join. I know he was told to join none of them. That the church that Christ lead while he was here was gone. The reason why it was gone was because he had taken authority off the earth. I know that Joseph Smith was a prophey of god just like Noah, Moses and many other prophets of old. 

I don't share this with you to cause contention or anger. I share this with you because I know without a doubt that what I said is true. The way I know is not by just following what my parents believe our being brainwashed. I know because I have done what James 1:5 says If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.

The only way you can know if this message or anything else is true is by praying and asking to know if this is true

1 comment:

  1. Henry B. Eyring did not write this. The author is Dr Bob Moorhead. As far as I can tell, and I've searched all of Pres. Eyring's conference talks is that he never said this.

    ReplyDelete