Saturday, March 19, 2011

The Truest Book on Earth

In August 2, 2005 President Gorden B. Hinckley raised a challenge for everyone to read the Book of Mormon before 2006. When this happened I was a know it all fourteen year old. I knew that I needed to do what the prophet had said but, I sadly procrastinated like we all do. I waited till Winter Vacation to began reading it. I read the whole Book of Mormon during those two weeks. I read it so quickly that I didn't really remember or retain any of it. From reading it I gain a testimony that it was true but I only got out of it how much I put into it. If I would have tried harder to read the Book of Mormon I would have learned a lot more then I did and I know I would have.

When I arrived at the Mission Training Center in Provo, Utah I decided that I wanted to read the whole Book of Mormon from start to the end before I turned twenty in March. The reason why I wanted to do this was so it would be fresh in my mind. Also to strengthen my testimony in it. I'm very happy to say I did it and boy did I learn a lot. In the introduction of the Book of Mormon there is a quote from Joseph Smith that says Concerning this record the Prophet Joseph Smith said: “I told the brethren that the Book of Mormon was the most correct of any book on earth, and the keystone of our religion, and a man would get nearer to God by abiding by its precepts, than by any other book.”

One of the most common things you hear as a missionary is that we don't believe in the Bible because we have the Book of Mormon that is wrong. The Book of Mormon does not replace the Bible. They go hand and hand because they both testify of Jesus Christ. The Book of Mormon on the cover even says another Testament of Jesus Christ. I know this book is true. By know this I know that Thomas s. Monson is a Prophet of God. The best thing of all is you don't even have to take my word for it. The only way you will know if this book came from god is if you read it and pray asking with a sincere heart to know. I challenge you to read the Book of Mormon and to pray to know if this message I wrote for you is true. I can tell you with out a doubt that if you do what I challenge you to do that you will receive an answer that it is true. If you do not have a Book of Mormon and you would like to read one then click here Free Book of Mormon.

No comments:

Post a Comment