Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Spiritual Scars



This blog post is for everyone of us who has hit their thumb with a hammer, cut their fingers while cooking, or burned their hand because they forgot that the stove burner was on. I know I personally have done every one of these things and more. We all do dumb things that leave us hurt in the end.


The picture to the right is a picture of me after doing something not smart that left me with 8 stitches in my head and a scar. Let's just say I will never use a wooden stake as a sword to hit away a exercise ball again.


That mistake only left a physical mark on my head, but some mistakes we make leave scars on our hearts. These mistakes that leave scars on the heart are known better as sins. We all make mistakes in life, and these mistakes create feelings of guilt and shame. These feelings can be relieved with repentance. You can be fully healed through the Atonement of Christ.


President Thomas S. Monson said something similar to this in the October 2011 General Conference For any who have stumbled, he declared that there is a way back. "The process is called repentance. Our Savior gave His life to provide you and me that blessed gift. Despite the fact that the repentance path is not easy, the promises are real. We have been told, 'Though your sins be as scarlet they shall be as white as snow.' 'And I will remember [them] no more.'"


I want you to know that because of Jesus Christ we can be forgiven of our sins. That because of him we can be healed. I leave this things with you in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment